Reflection on John 12
“Then Mary took a twelve-ounce jar of expensive perfume made from essence of nard, and she anointed Jesus’ feet with it, wiping his feet with her hair. The house was filled with the fragrance.”
(John 12:3 NLT)
In this passage, Mary had just witnessed the miracle of Jesus raising her brother-Lazarus up from the dead. Once again, it is our intimacy with God that matters. Wiping his feet with her hair was an act of humility and using the most expensive perfume was an act of offering and worship. Is my relationship with God as intimate as Mary?
Application:
I want to have such intimacy with Jesus!
Follow-up Question and Actions for and before God:
1) What is something that meant the most to me that I am willing to lay it down at the foot of the Cross and as an act of worship unto Him?
Lord, may I come humbly before You each day, heart full of gratitude to all that You have done in my life. You are so good and faithful 💜
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment